What is it?
Yellow fever is a Flaviviridaevirus, found in humans and monkeys.
How it is caught?
It is spread primarily by the aedes Egypti mosquito that bites during the day.
What does it do?
In most cases it causes fever, headache, chills, back pain tiredness, nausea and vomiting. In sever cases it causes jaundice, and internal bleeding.
Where is it?
Yellow Fever is found in parts of Africa and South America.
How is it prevented?
Protect yourself against mosquitoes.
The Yellow Fever vaccine is a single injection, and in most individuals will last for life.
When working out if you require a Yellow Fever vaccine there are two main questions:
- Are you at risk of Yellow Fever?
- Do you require a certificate?
- Some countries do not require a certificate
- Some countries will require a certificate only if you enter from a country with Yellow Fever
- Some countries require a certificate irrespective of where you come from
Our clinic staff will work this out based on your itinerary and risk